What is the WordPress Platform?
WordPress began in 2003 as an Open Source Blogging Tool. Open source means that it is completely free and is supported by developers from around the world who are continually adding to it and improving it. This is a definite plus for everyone using the software.
WordPress became popular not just as a great blogging tool but also as a platform to build websites with. You’ll find that more and more businesses and entrepreneurs are using WordPress because it has an easy to use Content Management System (CMS). A CMS is a program that allows you to publish, edit and modify the content on your website, so you can understand why it’s becoming more popular!
So what does this mean for you and your business? How will this benefit you? If you haven’t already guessed, using WordPress puts the control in your hands. Never again will you have to wait until your web designer has time to make content changes on your site, you or someone in your company can simply make the changes yourselves.
Adding and editing content on your site is done through WordPress’s CMS WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) editor, if you have used Microsoft Word before, making changes will be a piece of cake. And once the changes are completed you simply click “Update” and the changes show up on your site.
Need a schedule on your site, a contact form or would you like more control over your site’s SEO or perhaps a gallery for your company’s products? No problem, with WordPress you can add more functionality by using plugins that will enhance your site and drive more customers to it.
Now what are you waiting for? Hop into the driver’s seat and hit the gas to drive up your business’s bottom line.
A WordPess site allows you to:
- Build your website and choose a look and feel that is attractive to your customers,
- Have a website that functions well on your customer’s computer as well as their smartphone and tablet,
- Update and manage your own content so you never pay anyone for website updates again,
- Get time-sensitive information on your site, quickly, so you don’t have to work around your web designer’s schedule,
- Build a resource that adds value to the worth of your business and brings your customer coming back for more,
- Communicate with your clients through your site so you are always in touch with what they want,
- Track site visitors and understand what’s bringing them to your site
- Sell and promote your products and services online, and begin to generate more sales!
- Build a search engine-friendly website that will help you get found so your business can grow!
The Benefits of WordPress and the Genesis Framework
- Responsive designs work well on all devices
- Easy to interact with your customers
- Add or edit the content on your site yourself
- Update your site from anywhere
- Have multiple users for your site
- Search engines love WordPress
- WordPress is scalable
- Add advanced features using plugins
Your website has the potential to become a powerful presence for all your online communication. We’d love to talk to you about what a WordPress site could do for you, and answer any questions you might have.